Catholic Charismatic Conference
Fr. Mark Goring
Healing! Everybody needs and wants healing. The theme this year is based on the Lord’s word to the Israelites as they traveled through the desert on their way to the Promised Land. The Lord promises to be the healer of His people, conditional of course upon obedience. They must listen to the Lord’s voice, do what is right in the Lord’s eye, heed God’s commandments and obey God’s law (cf. Exodus 15.26).
God is eternal and never changes. Likewise, God’s word is eternally true and will never passes away. Therefore, God extends His offer of healing to us today, but requires our obedience just as the Israelites of old. Our conference will emphasize submission to God’s holy word, as well as acceptance of His promise of healing.
Do you need healing – spiritually, emotionally, or physically? Be part of this conference to receive healing ministry though God’s word: “He sent forth His word and healed them” (Psalm 107:20). We invite you to approach the Lord, you Healer, and obey His word of truth. Come, join with us!
Al Mansfield, Conference Chairman
Every session has a fee, including Friday night and Sunday morning Healing Session. Fee is for the talk and Healing Service, not for the Sunday Mass. Seating is limited and those who register for the conference will have priority for seats at Mass.
Your greatest savings is to pre-register for the entire weekend. On-site registration is higher in each category (see registration form for prices). We do not accept pre-registration for single sessions. This must be done on-site. Each single session is $25.
Pre-register by mail with a check by March 5. You may also register in our office or online by March 12.
Family registration includes family members (dependent children) who live in the same household only.
Requests for refunds should be made by March 2.
Priests, seminarians, deacons and their families, and religious are invited at no charge, however please pre-register.
You are encouraged to stay at the Conference hotel. Your registration costs do NOT cover your hotel accommodations or meals, so please make your own hotel reservations.
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel, 2601 Severn Ave. Metairie, LA 70002 Phone: (504) 888-9500
Conference rates: $113 standard rooms, $150 suites. No rooms guaranteed after March 1. Use phone number above, not toll free number. Mention the Catholic Charismatic Conference to receive group rate pricing.
We will have a special session Saturday, March 17 from 3-5pm for youth and young adults. It will be held on the 16th floor, Chateau Room. Timmy McCaffery will give a presentation entitled, “The Scriptural and Theological Foundation of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal.”
No charge for this session only.
Session will include praise and worship, testimony, talk, and prayer ministry.
Friday, March 16
- 3pm: Intercessory Prayer
- 3:30: Mass of Intercession
- 5:00: Registration Opens
- 7:00: Welcome. Greeting by Archbishop Aymond. Talk – Bob Canton, “I am the Lord your Healer.” Closing Prayer.
- 10:00: Late Night Worship. Adoration. Benediction.
Saturday, March 17
- 9am: Mass, Father Mark Goring, Testimony Timmy McCaffery
- 11am: Talk Johnnette Benkovic, “The Lord is Close to the Brokenhearted.”
- lunch break noon – 2pm
- 2pm: Talk Father Mark Goring, “The Lion of Judah Conquers.”
- 3pm: Bob Canton will lead a session in which he will speak and pray for healing. Prayer teams also available. (main ballroom)
- 3pm: Young Adult Session, Timmy McCaffery. (Chateau Room, 16th floor)
- 7pm: Praise and Worship. Testimony – Danny Abramowicz. Talk Johnnette Benkovic, “Abundant Life in the Spirit.” Empowerment Ministry – Patti Mansfield, Andi Oney and Team.
- 9:40: Praise Party with Joyful Noise
Sunday, March 18
- 9am: Healing Service. Testimony Willie Leonard. Talk and Prayer for Healing: Bob Canton.
- 10am: Eucharistic Procession and Benediction: Fr. Bill Henry
- 11am: Mass: Fr. Mark Goring